Playgrounds

Sunday, August 18, 2013

An ending

A week ago, I called Mia's mom, and told her I was putting in my notice. We weren't a good fit, as I explained; Mia wants someone to play with her at all times, and my specialty lies more in the keeping kids clothed and fed department.

Really, it was both her and her mom who were frustrating me. Additionally, I'd been incredibly stressed and depressed (off and on) since moving, and after giving up this job, it's disappeared: that led me to the realization that I started working with her only a few days after moving up, and that it was the job, not the move, that was causing me such problems.

Now, I'm working with Eli some more, and potentially looking for part-time employment in an office setting. And I feel better about everything. I'm so glad it's over.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better about things. Sometimes it just doesn't work out! I think being with one four year old for hours would make me miserable -- I like them in groups, when they can reliably entertain each other instead of relying on me for all of their social development.

    ReplyDelete