Playgrounds

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Finale

I feel like I have to apologize again for the disturbing level of quietness around these parts. I've been doing more thinking than writing, lately.

I've also decided to end my time with the twins.

I know there hasn't really been any warning; honestly, there wasn't for me, either. They went on vacation for a week, and I felt the least stressed I had in quite possibly years. I had to admit the only factor that had changed was them.

Like I said, lots of thinking went into this. I've already talked to their mom, we've briefly sketched an exit strategy (hopefully just before Thanksgiving, but with the potential for some in the first week of December as needed), she's interviewing people.

I told her to still contact me for evening events and/or when they need backup (new nanny gets sick, etc).

She's been supportive, even as she cried at our meeting. I appreciate that from her so much.

So now what? I've been doing some freelance writing (complicated to explain, but more reliable than it sounds, and with great potential to pay bills), and will continue to watch random children throughout the week.

I'm excited. I'm relieved. I'm still in a bit of shock, but the amount of peace I have over this decision reassures me, whenever I start to doubt.

It's been a crazy almost two and a half years.
(And yes, I will still write here. This isn't going anywhere anytime soon.)

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you're making the best decision for you. The kids have been lucky to have you for so long! Sometimes being the "occasional babysitter" is more comfortable and more fulfilling than being the daily nanny. Good luck with the transition!

    ReplyDelete