Playgrounds

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Found

V just turned to me and said "You found your snooze!"

Yes, yes I have. That occurred to me a few days ago, but was brought home when this morning she said something that I misheard as "I wanna have a kid," and my response was "If you want a kid, you're on your own."

Words I never thought I'd say.

I do still want kids in our future. Very much. And probably not even that distant of a future. But for right now? I want to be able to go downtown to a Halloween party at 11pm on a whim. And I want to have carrots and peanut butter for dinner and not think about anyone's long-term nutrition.

The older I get, the younger I am. A friend told me, freshman year of college, that I acted like a forty year old woman. Now, six years later, I think I'm down to my late twenties or early thirties. And I'm enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. This became my favorite song somewhere in my mid 20s.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FUGzwUTN80

    ReplyDelete