Playgrounds

Monday, September 27, 2010

Obligation

Okay, so if I don't post tonight (or technically in the next forty minutes), it will be three days between gaps, and that's unheard of in the short life of Finding Snooze. So here I am, sleepy, congested, and with a purring kitty on my lap.

I splurged at our awesome thrift store today and bought a changing table (sorry V, though you will have seen it at home by the time you read this). It is a changing table no longer, however: behold (in your mind's eye), the greatest and fullest puzzle and game shelf this apartment has ever seen. It really does look pretty awesome. And it's white, a bit chipped, and on the light blue walls it pops nicely. (Of course, it does make me picture the room as a nursery even more. Even though I think changing tables are unnecessary.)

And now, I really have to sleep away this sinus/allergy/cold/ickiness. Though with a cat on my lap, I'm not entirely sure how to best go about that.

1 comment:

  1. Changing tables are great in a one story house, they put the baby at just the right height and have everything w/in arms reach of you for changing the kid. However, if you are like me and you have to go upstairs to change the baby you will just bring the wipes and a pile of diapers downstairs with you and the couch will become a great place for changing diapers. However, changing tables DO make great storage space and I think you just inspired me to take ours out of Pauls room and make it into my scrapbooking table or my soap and candle table or something...

    ReplyDelete