Playgrounds

Monday, September 13, 2010

Twins aren't terrible?

I had the best morning with the twins that I've ever had. Lilly slept in, so I brought Patrick downstairs for breakfast. He was almost done before she woke up, but as usual, Barney kept them both entertained for the duration of the meal. Upstairs in the nursery afterward, I put on a CD (I love Sandra Boynton now) and we had a dance party. Nannying is going to be good cardio for me if this keeps up! Plus, there's no better way to get a heart rate up than to wiggle around along with a grinning two-year-old. I read them books (Tails is their new favorite, though anything with animals is in high demand), and then tickled them. Their squeals might be one of my favorite noises. I think I needed a reminder of how much I do love them, since they've been stressing me out lately. They ate lunch well, went down for a nap well, and I kinda miss them.

In other news, V came with me to take Caroline to soccer today, since Jacob had asked if we could stay there a little while. As Caroline ran off with her ball and water bottle, I looked at V and said, "That could be us someday." I'm not sports-minded at all, so it'll be interesting to see what our kid (or plural) is interested in. Perhaps we'll end up being the soccer moms. (She said she just wasn't looking forward to introducing ourselves to parents; I told her that by the time our kid is soccer age, we'll have it down. But really I was trying not to think about that part.)

3 comments:

  1. I want to see you two with visors and flags. That would make my decade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys really just need to own who you are. You are a couple who are in love, that's what matters. Yes there will be people who treat you like you are desiesed but you just have to ignore them. It took me a long time to come out of the "broom closet" but now I am out and I don't hide it. The people who can't accept it are people I don't need in my life. I know it's hard, especially coming from your background and your families not being as accepting as you would like, but you are who you are and you are beautiful. Love each other and own it. You deserve to be happy no matter where you are or who you are with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stand by my offer to be your "third" for introductions. Together the "three" of us can scare away the worst of the homophobes and the ones who don't like it but can deal will be pleasantly surprised when they find out that you're just lesbians, not lesbians and polygamous.

    ReplyDelete