Playgrounds

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Revenge

Okay, maybe it's harsh of me to title a post "Revenge."  I'm not a vengeful person, and I don't generally wish ill on people.  But there's been an interesting addition to the story of my cousin's marriage, related here and here.  This cousin is part of my extremely Catholic extended family, and she's one of six children.  Five of them, including her, are the marry young, have lots of babies, convert the world type Catholics.  The only son, ironically, doesn't particularly care for Catholicism, or religion much, and in August is marrying a Russian Jewish girl in a fairly nonreligious ceremony officiated by a rabbi.

And V and I are the wedding photographers.

I have NO idea if he's told his family, or what sort of reaction they will have, but it brings a sweet, sweet smile to my face to think that after V was blatantly not invited to his sister's wedding, she'll now be the person behind the camera, telling that same sister to smile.

And damn it's gonna feel good.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, that is beautifully poetic. I think you're allowed a bit of righteous pleasure at the thought of Little Miss Holier-Than-Thou having to grit her teeth in rictus as she poses and Does Not Make a Scene.

    Of course, she might make a scene anyway. Sigh. Still: potential for hilarity is high. :)

    ReplyDelete