Playgrounds

Friday, July 22, 2011

Chew

Lately Patrick has stopped chewing.  There's no other way to describe it, and it's driving me up a wall.  He'll take a bite and let it sit in his mouth; if I tell him to take another one, sometimes he'll say "still chewing" and sometimes he'll shove another one in and let them both sit.

I've taken the TV away from him, I've put him in time out, I've turned his chair around until he finishes his bite.  But it starts again with the next one.

Today he shoved so much in his mouth that he threw up all over his chair and the floor.  Part of me hopes that will teach him a lesson, but I'm not optimistic, because when I left today, I'd already put Lilly down and I turned over Patrick - with three small pieces of peach in his tightly clamped mouth - to his father.  He doesn't seem to have learned anything.

He's driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment