Playgrounds

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rest

This weekend has been one of the best, literally.  It easily rivals our honeymoon (though that was longer), simply because...well, I was going to say because I wasn't sick, but we both actually started this week with the tail end of what turned out to be a four-day debilitating headache.  It's gone though, thankfully.

The bed and breakfast we're staying at is run by two super friendly gay men (though which aren't?), and features llamas, alpacas, sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, bunnies, and a pig.  I may have left some out.  We helped feed them tonight, and raked some hay and generally felt farm-y.  This afternoon we went on an hour-long horseback ride that felt wonderful; whenever our magical disposable income appears, that's one of the first things I'm going to take back up.  Plus, the town we're next to is having a big July 4th festival, with a carousel and funnel cakes and corn dogs and balloon dart games and more.  We've had a blast.

I can't pinpoint what's done it.  But we've both just rested here in a way that we haven't in a long, long time.  We'd been so run down.  I want to stay forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment