Playgrounds

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Dry

I've always worried that I'll burn out with kids.  It's one of the first questions people ask me when they find out what I do - "Oh, you think you'll burn out with that?"

The past few days I've felt burnt out.  I worried.  There isn't really an escape option.
Today, Patrick was sick, so I unexpectedly had the day off.  V was off too.  We test drove a car, joined our checking accounts, had a relaxing lunch, and browsed some stores.
My depression has been bad the past week or so.  (There's a lot behind that sentence, but I don't want to go into it all.)  One of the symptoms is a loss of interest in what used to be, well, interesting.

I don't think I'm burnt out.  I've just run a little dry, and it'll come back.  I'm just waiting on the upswing to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment