Playgrounds

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Child(un)care

Yesterday was a day of "I love you, but I reallyreallyreally don't like you."  I tried writing about it last night but couldn't.

Lilly screamed at me for most of the day.  Her mom and I have talked over a couple different ideas on why her tantrums have gotten so ugly lately; that doesn't help the fact that they have, though.  She screamed at me over breakfast.  I had to carry her to the van and pin her to her carseat to buckle her.  We went to storytime and the playground.  She ran to the tallest spot on the playground and I had to go fetch her, screaming, and carry her to the van, pin her to her carseat, etc.

She ended up in her crib over lunch, because she threw a tantrum and then kept kicking her bedroom door.  I had to put her naptime diaper on while trying to stand her on her head (not as easy as it sounds, and it doesn't sound easy), because she kept kicking me.  She broke the first diaper.

This isn't a violent child.  She's usually so sweet - and I got glimpses of that yesterday, as she and Patrick kicked their little balls around the house and she said "let's play soccer and sing our songs!"  But when she acts out, she's totally out of control.  I think it's pretty common to hear "who took my angel and replaced her with a monster?"...well...who did?  Because I can't take this for very long.  There's no way I'll break her spirit, nor do I want to, but she might break mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment