Playgrounds

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Quote

I read the statement this morning released by the Washington senator who has pledged to be the 25th (and therefore last necessary) vote for marriage in the state.  There was a section that I posted to Facebook, and so far, all the comments are positive, but I'll be interested to see if any discussion sparks.  It's a beautiful way to be true to herself, while still being a legislator for all.


"I have very strong Christian beliefs, and personally I have always said when I accepted the Lord, I became more tolerant of others. I stopped judging people and try to live by the Golden Rule. This is part of my decision. I do not believe it is my role to judge others, regardless of my personal beliefs. It's not always easy to do that. For me personally, I have always believed in traditional marriage between a man and a woman. That is what I believe, to this day.


"But this issue isn't about just what I believe. It's about respecting others, including people who may believe differently than I. It's about whether everyone has the same opportunities for love and companionship and family and security that I have enjoyed."

No comments:

Post a Comment