Playgrounds

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

French

We had our first class of the new preschool session today, and I do like it better.  It's for 3s and 4s, as opposed to the 18month-3.5year that the old one was.  Some of the same kids are still there; the new ones we met today seem pretty neat as well.

One of the moms' husband is French, and the kids are bilingual.  She was switching languages with her son during class today.  I'm in love.

She's also pregnant, and when I asked her if she knows whether it's a boy or girl, she answered, then asked me if I'd found out.  I always hate the part where I have to break the news that I'm not the mother.  She and her husband are, as she put it, trying not to find out - I'm not sure how far along she is, but I'll be intrigued to see if they make it all the way to a surprise birth day.

And, I feel like today is probably an anomaly, but we made it through with no tantrums!  And the new class doesn't end until 2:30, so the kids weren't down until 3:10.  I'm impressed with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment