Playgrounds

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Obvious

Kids are so good at stating the obvious.  Tonight, at dinner-
Lilly: I don't like this. It's too spicy.
Me: You have it for dinner all the time, because we have leftovers for lunch all the time.
Lilly: But it's too spicy.
Me: What usually happens when you have it for dinner?
Lilly: Well mommy tells me to, and I throw a tantrum, and Daddy and Patrick feed the dog.

(Feeding the dog, by the way, is one of the incentives for eating a nice dinner.)

I love how matter-of-fact she was about the common progress of events.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Adorable. So when she has the leftovers for lunch, does she refuse to eat it then as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not usually, though today she made a comment again about it being spicy (though not until her next-to-last bite). Who knows, I'm sure I make it differently than daddy.

      Delete