Playgrounds

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nerves

In about ten hours, I'll be seeing my mother for the first time in a year and a half.  Since the last time I saw her, I've gotten married, and our communication has dropped drastically.  My marriage isn't the only reason; she also moved across the country, switched time zones, and has a very busy life with four small chidren...but still.  I can't help but be nervous.

My oldest sister, who, at last check, adores me, is now ten and a half.  The last time I saw her was shortly before her ninth birthday.  She knows V as my good friend, and my mom and stepdad are determined to keep it that way.  I don't feel like I'm even going to know her.

My cousins, who will also be at this Thanksgiving shindig, know and support V and me.  My aunts and uncles know too, I think.  My grandparents don't.  My mom and stepdad do, but don't want anyone else to.

Feeling the nerves yet?  Life truly is a series of coming-outs.  We'll see who and how, for this round, over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment