Playgrounds

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

48 hours

The past 48 hours have been a roller coaster.  Yesterday was a great day, with V receiving hopeful job possibilities, us finding out our wedding pictures are going to be somewhere else (seriously, they crop up all over the internet!), and me taking a glorious scooter ride.

Today, on the other hand, was not so good.  I watched Bug and Andrew tonight; Bug hadn't napped, and was just plain mean to her brother.  Stepping on his fingers, running her bike into him, "accidentally" trying to stab him with her fork, psycho.  And just before I went over there, I had a scooter spill.  V and I went to the scooter store so she could practice more, and we both wanted to try two people on it.  I was driving, and got too cocky.  We ran into a concrete block and then a chain link fence.  Broke the top part of the scooter (which thankfully he could replace immediately), and seriously messed up my left knee.  Nothing else wrong - but I still sat in the parking lot and cried.

So, not so thrilled with things at the moment.  My knee is throbbing.  I'm not a fan of children.  It's going to rain tomorrow.

But, 48 hours from now, I'll be seeing Wicked with my love.  That's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment