Playgrounds

Monday, November 7, 2011

Or something

Kids pick up on the linguistic quirks of people they spend time with.  This is known.  This also means they are good at pointing out quirks that said people may or may not be aware of.

Lately, Lilly has taken to adding "or something" to the end of her sentences.
"What's that person doing?  Maybe eating lunch or something?"
"Can I go upstairs and play with my dollies or something?"
"My train is broken or something."

I figured she'd picked this up from me.  It's my way of saying that I don't know exactly what the future holds, but I can hazard a guess.  We drove by my house on our way home from the aquarium today, and the kids asked if V was there, and then what she was doing.  My reply?  "Probably homework for her school, or something."

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment