Playgrounds

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Awesome surprise, again

I keep expecting to be let down when it comes to my families, and I keep getting the opposite.  I won't complain in the least.

Katie and Sean's parents were the only ones I (or V) sit for who didn't know about the engagement/wedding/honeymoon.  I finally told them tonight (when their mom asked "So what's new?" it was a bit hard to leave out).  I expected a congrats, and then moving on to a different topic; for various reasons, I thought they would be polite, but not super interested or maybe comfortable.

Instead, I got:
a hug
many, many congrats
best wishes
inquiries as to our families
questions about our honeymoon trip
a small conversation on the legality of marriage here
a wish to pass on congratulations to V

Can I say, for the millionth time, that I work for and with the BEST families??

No comments:

Post a Comment