Playgrounds

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life again

This upcoming week is very, very not frightening.  Last week, V and I were both working our tails off, which resulted in good things, like paying rent, and bad things, like barely seeing each other.  Today may be a date day...if we can recover from the cat keeping us up for two hours in the middle of the night.  Anyway, this coming week is going to be relaxing.  My schedule's a bit changed up, but still just the basics.

V is hoping to hear back from a family she's interviewed with and really likes.  Needless to say, we're really hoping it works out.

For possibly the first time in years, I'm actually at a place where I don't want a baby right now.  Usually, I know it's impractical, but that doesn't stop the desire.  But now I'm just not there, we just aren't there.  We want to move in to our own house, that we buy, that is all ours.  We want a better car.  We want to be a little more financially stable.  And after that, we want a baby.

I didn't expect marriage to slow down my babylust; I expected it to increase (now I'm a wife, I need to be a mom!).  But instead, it's making us both look at the things we want, now that we're together - not that we weren't before.  A home.  To cook regularly.  More friends.  We need a nest egg prior to a bun in the oven.

That's not saying we don't both go gaga over Andrew, the current World's Cutest Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment