Playgrounds

Saturday, August 20, 2011

In law

So far, so good, with V's family.  Her mom particularly has seemed warm toward me; I'm still skeptical, but  things are smooth for now.  We're going out to dinner tonight for V's birthday.  She and I still haven't broached the fact that we're not going to church tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.  Today has been sleeping in, swimming, sandwiches, and other things starting with S.

The only moment I've had to bite my tongue came when somehow the subject of taxes came up, and V's mom made a comment that she wished you could claim dogs as children.  I came very, very close to snapping, "At least you can claim your spouse."

But other than that, truly, things have been alright.  Here's to hoping that the next 24 hours go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment