Playgrounds

Friday, August 19, 2011

Trust

I don't have time for a long post, because I need to pack so V and I can leave for her parents' house as soon as she's off work.  But this morning, to block out the light, I shoved a pillow over my head...which also nicely blocked out my alarm.  And V's texts.  And the twins' mom's first phone call.  And her second phone call.  I finally did hear my voicemail noise.

As soon as it went off, I snapped awake, realized I was probably late, and said a lot of things that would make this blog significantly less family friendly.  I hightailed it over there, needless to say.

What I love, though, is that their dad said he and his wife were worried more than anything.  They were concerned that something had happened; they checked to see if they had V's number.  They weren't fuming or irritated or apoplectic (I've been trying to work that word into a conversation lately).  They trusted that I wouldn't run late on purpose, so when I did, they had concern.

This makes me feel so good about myself.  It almost makes up for the self-frustration of oversleeping in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment