Playgrounds

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Leave

Patrick and Lilly are awesome listeners.  I've always been impressed by their abilities to follow directions, be patient, and take turns.  I tell them every gymnastics class that I appreciate them waiting for the other kids to go first and paying attention to the teacher.

Today was...not so much.  And it wasn't just one of them.  Lilly was actually in time out in a chair for awhile, because she just sat down on the mat where she was supposed to do a somersault and refused to budge.  For the third time in a row.  Patrick wasn't coming over to where the teacher was (which he always does), and after asking him too multiple times, I asked him if he'd rather go home.  That got him to listen.

I've never had to do that.  I was actually embarrassed of my children.  Only two of the other kids were in class, and they weren't being super behaved either.  But still, no excuse.  I'm less than pleased.  Strangely, though, it was a great morning until we got there, and now that we are home, they're behaving again.  But they love gymnastics!  I give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment