Playgrounds

Thursday, January 13, 2011

I do believe he just peed on my shirt

Today marked a new day, a first time, an initiation: I started my new job. New job, you say? Why yes! V and I are actually sharing it. The position is technically mother's helper, and it's a stay at home mom with a 19 month old girl and 6 week old boy. Basically, she just needs someone to entertain the little girl so she can go to the grocery, clean, and cope with an infant.

I am, to say the least, in heaven. I love toddlers. I love little girls. And this one is adorable, right down to the brown ringlets and round eyes. We spent two hours playing today (and I got paid for it). I folded laundry, swept the floors, rocked the baby, and played.

Oh, and forgot to change the baby's diaper after he got up (I just wanted to snuggle him! I've missed infants.), so after awhile in the rocker I realized the front of my shirt had just gotten soaked. It was exactly what I thought it was, so I changed him and then his mom let me borrow a shirt so I didn't have to run around in pee-damp clothes.

It probably means I'm in the right occupation if none of that bothered me, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment