Playgrounds

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Raindrops and potties

Twins, again. I earned some nanny points by putting their snowboots, coats, and hats on, and taking them outside to splash in the rain. I managed to not have an umbrella and be in horrible shoes and clothes, but watching them jump and kick the puddles was worth it. I somehow still had to change their pants and socks when we came back in.

Potty training continues. They've gotten better about sitting on the potty, and we do so after every meal - not that anything has happened yet. I just sent both their parents an email about the whole mess, asking what terms they used, etc. I must admit, I've never written an email including the sentence "Are there specific terms you use to refer to the penis/vagina?" before. I'm interested to see what they say (not just to that question!). For the past week or so, I've felt very on my own in potty training, and of course consistency is a big part of what will get this to work. So it'll be nice to feel like I'm on the same page as their mom and dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment