Playgrounds

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I'm going to regret saying this

I'm sure I'll want to eat my words soon enough, but yesterday, it actually crossed my mind that Barney might have it right. The twins and I were watching a video over lunch, and at the end came the Barney song. If you didn't grow up with parodies of that song (I hate you/you hate me/Let's all go and kill Barney) you had a deprived childhood. But listening to it with Lilly (Patrick was already in bed), I realized that the opening words kinda have a bit of truth (or rather, how truth should be): I love you, you love me, we're a happy family.

Comes back to the idea that has somehow become the theme for V's and my wedding. All you need is love, found on a pretty stamp at Michael's, and put on the save-the-dates and announcements and favors. We love each other, and that makes us a good family.

Maybe the big purple guy and I get along better than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment