Playgrounds

Monday, February 28, 2011

Time off

One of the things I miss most about being in school is the unexpected surprise of a canceled class.  Having a scheduled day off is one thing, but learning day-of that your attendance is not required is a whole other level of freedom.  It's a feeling that's lacking in the working world.

Which is what made this morning wonderful.  I woke up to a text from the twins' dad, saying Lilly had a fever last night, and did I still want to come.  I told him that any other week I wouldn't have cared, but this week I needed to stay healthy.  We decided that I'd come when they were napping, so he could still go get work done: I'm now sitting at their kitchen table, listening to a silent monitor.  Still making money.

I had the morning off.  I don't remember the last time I had a weekday morning off.  I scared the cats with my happy dance, and I've been in such an ebullient mood all day.  It doesn't hurt that we're leaving in three days, either.  I even did the dishes at home, since I wasn't busy doing them at someone else's house!

No comments:

Post a Comment