Playgrounds

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Child-free

My posting lately has failed, I know.  This week has worn both of us out, and we've had friends in town - a good thing, but still very worn out.

Every now and then, it's nice to be young twenty-somethings without kids.  The four of us went out to a bar, and, yes, I'm not entirely sober as I write this.  (Drunk blogging?  Is that the new drunk texting?)  It's nice not to have to hire a babysitter to have an evening like this, nor to feel like we have a curfew (or draining bank account).

The flip side is that, aside from tonight, everything we've done and are doing this weekend could easily happen with a baby in tow.  (Yes, Mitch Hedberg reference.)  So...I'm only partially okay with the part where we don't have one yet.

In other news, I refuse to fight as much as some of my kids' parents do.  I hate it.  I want to shield the kids so badly.

But to leave you on a good note, there are fantastic strawberries in my fridge.  Though maybe that isn't as good a note for you, since they aren't in your fridge.

Goodnight, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment